Air conditioning allows you to stay cool indoors all summer long. Though there are different types of AC units, central air conditioners are the most efficient. This appliance works by cooling the air at central locations throughout your home, which is accomplished by compressing refrigerant gas and pumping it through a system of coils. The gas absorbs the heat from the air inside your house and moves it outside. Here are eight benefits of central air conditioners.
- Increased comfort. Central air conditioning keeps your home at a comfortable temperature on hot summer days by providing consistent cooling throughout your house.
- Improved air quality. Central AC units circulate air by pulling it in from the air ducts in a given home. As the air is pulled through these ducts, it passes across an air filter that removes dust, pet dander and other allergens.
- Enhanced efficiency. Central air conditioners are better at circulating cool air throughout a house than multiple single-room air conditioners. They provide cooling to all rooms in a home instead of just a few. They can also be programmed to run at specific times and maintain a set temperature.
- Decreased humidity. Central AC units remove humidity in the air. This helps prevent the growth of mould and mildew.
- Improved health. Central air conditioning has many health benefits. It can lead to better sleep, improved concentration and a decrease in asthma attacks. It can also diminish the risk of dehydration and heat stroke. Plus, improved ventilation lowers the concentration of viral particles in the air and can reduce exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
- Reduced noise. Central air conditioning is less noisy than single-room units because the compressor is located outside the house.
- Heightened resale value. Installing central air conditioning is an investment that can increase your house’s resale value by as much as 10 per cent. Energy-efficient models are particularly appealing to home buyers.
- Increased lifespan. With proper maintenance, central air conditioning can last for decades. Keep your system running optimally by conducting annual preventative maintenance.
Air conditioner installation in Calgary
Harmony Heating & Air Conditioning installs, repairs and replaces central air conditioning systems. We’re proud to serve residential and commercial clients across Calgary. Our expert HVAC technicians can help you choose the right air conditioning system for your home or business. Contact us today to learn more or book an installation.